Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Melaka trip with family

This post is quite overdue already but since i have nothing to do right now so i decided to talk a lil bit about this trip. I went here just to test out the nyonya food and of course accompany my mom. The food is delicious!!I had fall in love with this nyonya food called ayam pongteh and even my mom is addicted to it. It is so hard to pronounce this dish name and makes me so embarrasing when i paid the bill. I pronounce it as ayam pundek to the counter aunty and confused her quite a while. Sorry la aunty this is what i heard from my mom's mouth ma so i pronounce it like that lo .Back to the dish, the ayam is so tender and even its bones had the taste, i guess thay had "mun" it for quite long.

Don't judge this dish by its look, although it may looks ordinary but when you taste it it definitely is extraordinary!


Even this "zap choy" , it looks yucky but ohnono is way better than what you saw

This shop is pretty good in "mun-ing " the food but they still need improvement on their soup.


This soup is freaking kiam as if they put the whole packet salt in it , I'm gonna become botak after drinking this soup.

After the meal, we went to walk around at jonker street and I saw the flour puppet which i always wanted to play with when i was a lil girl.

Ain't this looks cool? ^^ Since when its boobs are bigger than its tummy huh

The next day, hunting for nyonya food again but this time is at a different restaurant . We order ayam pongteh again, asam fish, "zap choy" , laksa, rojak and cendol. I personally prefer the laksa and the asam fish, the laksa is so rich in santan and the it blends well with the curry AND the most important thing is there are a lot of "liao" in it which consists of taogeh, fishcakes, "siham" and a lot more. For the asam fish, it makes my sorethroat gets worst, I couldn't resist it but the consequences i get after having this fish is my sorethroat follows me for 2 weeks and is not plannning to go away. I'm afraid that my voice will getting maner and my bf wouldn't recognise it and thought that i'm having affair with some guys. Hohoho think too much .

 
The culprit !



Can you see the "liao"?

I guess I post too much of food pics that might cause you guys undergo dehydration. So let this pic end this post. See ya people, nights


No comments:

Post a Comment